- Strengthen CHRA’s federal advocacy efforts that bring about improvements in affordable housing and the reduction of homelessness,
- Contribute to the development of progressive housing policies that influence government decision-makers,
- Participate in committees and caucuses that design and discuss best practices in housing,
- Learn about best practices and leading edge research through regular webinars and other knowledge dissemination activities,
- Participate in members-only events such as political meetings, teleconference and web-based updates, and receive briefings on key national policy developments,
- Network, learn and be inspired at our annual National Congress (member registration savings over $100),
- Take advantage of special members-only discounts and programs through external suppliers, such as insurance offerings through Morneau Shepell, Via Rail, and Home Depot. See below
- Promote your organization through advertising and sponsorship opportunities on our website, in our publications and at our events,
- Have job postings listed, free, on our homepage ($200 for non-members),
- Ability to mentor and engage with Early Career Professionals as part of CHRA’s growing Early Career Professionals Program, and our soon to be launched Mentorship Program
- Access valuable resources on our website, including a research and presentation library,
- Run for a Board of Directors position, present resolutions and vote at the annual general meeting, nominate a deserving colleague or receive a CHRA Award of Recognition, and
- Share these membership benefits with others in your organization (member savings apply to all employees).
Membership is affordable. See our fee structure.
Affinity Programs and Partnerships
CHRA is happy to offer our members access to the Home Depot “Pro Xtra” program, that offers a variety of benefits to its Members in appreciation of their business at The Home Depot Canada. Members get to take advantage of some perks like quarterly rewards, purchase tracking, savings on paint, gas and much more. Learn how you can save at The Home Depot Canada with Pro Xtra!
Starting in Augst 2019, we will hold a series draws where CHRA members have the chance to win $250 Home Depot gift cards and Toronto Raptors tickets for the 2019-2020 season. See flyer for more details.
CHRA and Morneau Shephell have a long-standing partnership to offer preferred pricing to CHRA members for all your insurance needs.
CHRA has entered into a new partnership with VIA Rail. CHRA members are now entitled to 5% off any VIA bookings (the more members’ book, the higher the potential savings!). To obtain your online discount code, simply email Emilie Sartoretto at email@example.com.
|Enbridge Gas Distribution is committed to helping social and assisted housing providers save energy and money, while at the same time improve comfort for their residents. Enbridge can help you manage your energy use and reduce your operating expenses. Special incentive offers are available on retrofit installations that result in natural gas savings for projects completed from December 2017 to December 31, 2019.
Enbridge also offers financial incentives to affordable housing builders, as well as enabling support to their affordable housing partners to facilitate the integration of energy efficiency in their affordable housing projects.