Take the next step in your housing career
The Housing Professionals Mentorship Program (HPMP) connects experienced housing professionals with those who are just starting out. HPMP unites leaders of today with those of tomorrow to strengthen the Community Housing and Homelessness Sector. Regardless of what stage you are in your career, if you are interested in community housing and homelessness—HPMP is for you! In 2019 we matched 70 mentors and mentees across Canada.
To strengthen leadership in the housing/homelessness sector by
- Building strategic networks and community
- Developing leadership competencies
- Igniting passion and interest in housing
- Supporting career development
- Enhancing knowledge around core housing themes (e.g. housing policy, advocacy, asset management and development, operations)
Are you eligibile?
To participate in HPMP, you (or your organization) must be a member of at least one of the following organizations
- Canadian Housing and Renewal Association (CHRA),
- Chartered Institute of Housing Canada,
- Housing Partnership Canada (HPC).
Mentees must currently work in the housing/homelessness sector or study in a related graduate program. Mentors may be employed or recently retired from the sector.
Your organization must fully support your participation and time commitment (minimum 25 hours) to the program.
For mentee eligibility, preference will be given to housing professionals early in their careers, and those looking to take the next step in their professional journey, to promote learning, development and growth in the sector.
Be a part of HPMP 2020
We are now accepting applications until October 31.
Join the September 19 webinar to learn more about the program and ask any questions.